ANTIQUE SHOPPING in NORMANDY. Markets, Shops, Tours.
Markets in Calvados:
- For example this an example of a search for specific dates of a visit http://brocabrac.fr/index.php?dept=14&limite=260.
- You could also search http://www.antiquites-catalogue.com/pratique/calendrier-salons-antiquaires/?region=Basse-Normandie.
- On Every First Sunday of the Month – there are Antique markets in St Pierre sur Dives,( 35km – 22 miles- 30 min drive from us) and Honfleur,( 106km – 66 miles-1hr 12 min drive from us).
Shops in the Orne.
For a list , visit either yelp or angloinfo.
Shops in Calvados
Another option is to check out the depôt-ventes such as:
- l’Horloge Penchée in Caen (Route de Paris, Mondeville (48km, 30 miles, 36 minutes from us).
A depot-vente is a sale warehouse/outlet where locals can take their items and the shop will either buy them outright for resale or sell them to the general public on their behalf for a 35% commission.
A charming website about Normandy by some dedicated British expats with esp. helpful information on markets:
Absolute High End – Bespoke Tours.
- contact Sharon Santoni ( an English expat) for personalized shopping trips in Normandy/Paris( ££££) www.myfrenchcountryhome.com
- Combine sightseeing and special interest with Label West Tours https://www.label-west.com/a-la-carte/